You may be interested in previous articles and Cruising Logs that we have published. Out members are adding to our library of Cruising Logs, that can be found here (in the News-->Cruising Log section.
John Rugg won the Trophy in 2015 for his essay about Family Sailing Holidays in the Lake District
Peter Batterley sponsored this award. We include here a copy of one of his cruising logs from 1986, when:
- There was no Internet, or World Wide Web
- Nikon introduced the worlds first Digital SLR camera - everybody else used film, slide projectotrs, and nobody had thought of PowerPoint
- Mobile telephones were rare, and not very mobile
- The first IBM Personal Computer was invented 5 years previously (1981), and colour screens were new
- The fastet Intel processor was the Intel 386, released the previous year
- Decca was the best location system for yachts
We'll think of some more things to add !!
The Peter Batterley Trophy
If you are a member of GXSA and have a story to tell, please submit an article. It's good to capture your memories whilst they're fresh, and it's interesting to tell yoru frends what you've done You might even win a prize !!
It's a great motivation to write down all those thoughts about last summer so that you don't forget them!!
2015 Peter Batterley Trophy: Entrants
The following articles were submitted for consideration, for our first year. Thanks to everyone that entered.
|The Adventures of Vagabond||Rob Johnstone|
|Old Gaffer Solent Misadventure||Andy Oliver|
|Beyond Belief sails to Normandy||Gerry Knight|
|Solent to the Baltic||Graham Fairhead|
|A Trip to Brittany||Paul Farrell|
|Island Harbour Rally Report||Chris Green|
|Full Chichester Rally report||Stuart Gaunt|
|Short Chichester rally report||Paul Farrell|
Peter Batterley summary