GXSA operates several mailing lists. In order to receive messages from GXSA, you need to be subscribed to one or more mailing lists. The lists that are most active are:
- Weekly Announcements - Used as a reminder of our weekly lectures, from September to March.
- Active Sailors (GXSA members only) - Primarily used during the summer months to contact members about sailing events
- All Members (GXSA members only) - Used for communication about activities ashore
If you are subscribed to one or more of these lists, you should receive messages. If you have not seen a message, there may be a problem with your subscription. We suggest that you try these steps to resolve the problem:
- Use the "Newsletters" facility (on the About GXSA menu, on the right of the page) to see the archive of newsletters that have been sent.
- Check your email inbox, to confirm if you have received the messages (don't forget to look in your Spam folder).
- If you have not received the messages, registered members can use the "My Subscriptions" link, on the left of the page (after you have logged in). Here you will be able to Subscribe and Unsubscribe to email distribution lists.
- Read the article about Avoiding Spam Filters and take any remedial action
- If you're still having problems please use Contact Us form the to raise a question, and we will try to resolve the problem.
14/05/2014 Need to copy the Protostar template to a GXSA template
23/12/2014 Install Voting component suitable for a competition in line with Peter Batterley Award
23/12/2014 profile mandates password. We realy need a reset my password facility. Fixed by setting the "Required" attribute on the password and confirm password fields. As all users are given passwords when they are created, passwords cannot be deleted, they must still match if provided. Overall, the result is as required.
14/05/2014 Favicon needs setting to the GXSA Burgee (on the web browser tabs) - SG - Done, but the icon needs to have a transparent background, as it appears in a white box on the browser tabs.
17/07/2014 Need to decide and fix on a photo gallery - consider http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/photos-a-images/galleries/photo-gallery/11002 that looks quite good
19/7/2014 Bug in Joomla image management - unable to create sub-folders using media manager.
Applied patch from http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=728&t=843940&start=0
Still doesn't work.....but UNIX security on folders (applied by UK2 hosting organisation) would pevent this, anyway.
14/05/2014 Reduce frequency of backups to weekly (less admin on the archive folders, as less space will be used)
19/04/2014 Re-establish acymailng lists, from Ken's download list - first convert to 7 bit ascii
19/04/2014 Issue with using Profiler to create users - probably permissions on categoruies
20/05/2014 Need to ensure profile fields are processed securely
18/05/2014 Need to check that Profiler lists are working properly with secuity
20/05/2014 Need to agree, then upload and enable all user accounts
20/05/2014 Rendezvous wanted me to login, on mobile this morning. - Permissions on the Phoca Guestbook
20/05/2014 Joining GXSA contnent is visible to signed in users, on the TOP and About GXSA menus - it should be hidden for signed-in users
20/05/2104 Joining GXSA page contains a link to a download file (membership form) that doesn't exist. Need to find it!
20/05/2014 Joining GXSA intro paragraph re-worked, Contact Us link now points to the NEW contact Us page, Created a Membership & SO form with Graham's name on it, and set up the hyperlink to click on it
14/05/2014 Upgrade website to Joomla version 3.3 (need to download, upgrade, then upload new software, because HTTPD can't write to the software folders)
20/05/2014 Purchase and install AcyMailing Essential to enable scheduled newsletters
20/05/2014 Purchase and install Breezing Forms to enable responsive layout and remove banners
12/05/2014 On right hand side list of links "About GXSA", remove link "Application form" since obviously within "Join GXSA" link. Add new link "Links" pointing to reinstated Ken Moss list of links article.
09/05/2014 Membership Form - the Standing Order PDF is incomplete (missing text)
12/05/2014 Suggest revise Joing GXSA page as shown below:
Membership of the association is available to all who share our enthusiasm for sailing and the sea. Annual membership costs £30 for a single member and £35 for family members. Members who have moved away from the area and can only attend a few meetings but wish to keep in touch and only attend a few meetings pay an outport fee of £10. Membership fees are due on October 1st every year and most members pay by standing order. Non members and guests will be required to pay a visitors fee of £5 at meetings and do not receive notification of the association's special events and rallies. Non members cannot post to the small ads pages of the website, or use the crewing register.
You are recommended to use the online form shown below but a membership and standing order form can also be printed from your browser (89k pdf file). If you choose to download that form, return to this page using your browser's "back" button. Any queries, please contact the secretary, Grahan Fairhead, via the contact page or by telephone on 07799 476040.
19/04/2014 1) SSL - DONE (only works with www.gxsa.org.uk, apparently)
- Move links off top menu DONE
- Add Joining GXSA to top menu DONE
- Clarify the email subscription to the effect ‘If you are not already a GXSA member and would like to receive… please register here:’ DONE
- Change the main Login to Member Login - DONE
- Add my telephone number (my mobile is best: 07799 476040) - DONE
- In the longer term you were going to workout how to generate a Membership Application Form complete with Standing Order (signature/authorisation issues?) on the website but in the meantime we were going to revert to a downloadable pdf for printing off. - Membership Application form and downloadable SO form DONE
- More priority to ‘About GXSA’ by moving this up. DONE
- Our next talk/event to appear on the front page each week.FUNCTION OF FEATURED ARTICLE status on web page (Sorted by Article title - DONE
- We talked about reducing/ simplifying the number of button at the top. DONE
Short Article submitted by members, for the GXSA Blog
Articles about how we organise ourselves.
Events, specials, etc.
These organisations are known to GXSA, either by members involvement with theorganisation, or on recommendation from members
Parent group for all the lecture programmes (old and current)
and specific articles about each lecture
Any Social, Training, Rally, Saturday Special, Trip, etc.
This is standing text that rarely changes.
"Olds", rather than "News" !!
Page 1 of 2