Now we are going sailing - talks start again in the Autumn...
Looking forward to the next club rally at Yarmouth on 11th June.
56th Annual General Meeting
Wednesday 16th March 2022 at 8.15pm
Colston Hall – The Memorial Centre, East Common, Gerrards Cross
- Chairman’s welcome
- Minutes of March 2021 AGM
- Treasurer’s review
- Membership fees for 2022/23
- Independent Examiner Appointment
- Chairman’s review of the 2021/22 year
- Election of Officers and Committee
- Zoom at future meetings
- Paper communication costs
- Any Other Business
Break, followed by
- A look forward to forthcoming events and rallies in 2022
- Voting for Peter Batterley Award
Wednesday 9th March
After his early career as a marine surveyor, Mark is now Global Marine and Offshore Director at Lloyd’s Register’s Marine and Offshore business. He will tell us about the history of Lloyd’s Register and how they help companies to improve design, safety and environmental impact of shipping.
Wednesday 2nd March
Three Men in a Nauticat Boat
A talk covering the trials and tribulations of a delivery trip of a 37ft sailing boat across the Bay of Biscay from Santander to Portsmouth in September 2020. It all began with a remark over a beer: “If you need any help bringing your boat back from Spain, give me a call.” Several months later I was in Santander staring at a boat that wasn’t ready to sail in the harbour, let alone cross Biscay.