Chichester Yacht Club - 28th June 2014
Here is your invitation to the GXSA Rally on June 28th, where we will be guests of Chichester Yacht Club, in their brand new building at Premier Marina, Chichester.
We're looking forward to a sunny weekend, some interesting sights around the beautiful Chichester Harbour Nature Conservancy, and a rendezvous with friends at Premier Marina.
Rally regulars will be familiar with the social format, which comprises the normal Pontoon Party, followed by dinner in our private room, in the Club House.
More details about Chichester Yacht Club can be found here: www.cyc.co.uk
- Skippers: Bring your boat, and your friends, or let us know if you have some vacancies
- Crew: Persuade your skipper friends to bring you, or let us know that you would like to come, and we'll try to find you a berth
- Charterers: Find a crew, and bring a boat
- Drivers: Bring your car to Chichester for the day, and dine out with us in the evening
Don't have a boat? Let us know, and we will try to find a berth for you. We have several skippers with spare berths, and we can usually accommodate extras
If you've not been to a GXSA Rally before, COME ALONG - We're sure you will enjoy yourself. Everyone is welcome.
The closing date for signing up, with menu choices, is Monday 14th June . The price is £25 per person to include Drinks, Nibbles, and Conversation at the Pontoon Party, followed by dinner. Mooring fees are extra, payable directly to Premier Marinas, when you get there. The £25 can be paid by cheque payable to GXSA, or via online banking to the GXSA bank account, referencing your name and "Chi".
Here's a notice from the Harbour Master - You may want to get your fog-horn dusted off, ready for use
Chichester Harbour Local Notice to Mariners No 10 of 2014
COMMEMORATION OF THE FIRST WORLD WAR CENTENARY
1. The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) has requested participation in their initiative to commemorate the event that triggered the First World War on 28 June 1914.
In this context, UNESCO has requested that on 28 June 2014, all vessels at sea, if practical, to fly ship's flags/ensigns at half mast, to indicate mourning in remembrance of the Centenary of World War I.
UNESCO has further requested that vessels moored in harbours use a remembrance sound signal on the same day at 1700 UTC being the hour of the first shot fired in the conflict, to commemorate the Centenary.
2. Chichester Harbour Conservancy supports this initiative and authorise the Masters of all vessels moored in the harbour to sound ONE PROLONGED BLAST at 1800 BST 28 June 2014.
3. Byelaw 23 (Sounding of Sirens) will not be enforced during this event.
4. Cancel this LNTM 29 June 2014
Richard Craven 18 June 2014
Thanks to Gerry Knight and John Rugg for pointing this out.
Sunday Morning Optional Exercise
Provided that the weather is kind to us, I've found a short walk to burn off some of the liquid-calories from the night before. It will also give you something to do whilst waiting for the tide to turn, for that fair run home.
If you'd like to join me for a short walk on Sunday morning, I found this walk from Chichester Marina to Dell Quay, and back. As we would skip the first part (from the road to the marina), it's probably approx.3 miles, so should take less than a couply of hours (if we amble along).
Join me if you like: Chichester Marina to Dell Quay
So far we have confirmations from the following people & boats. Please let me know if you would like to come along, as well.
|Boat||Crew||Dinner, Paid||Boat||Crew||Dinner, Paid|
|Sun Fleur||Mark Gardener
Please let me know your selection for dinner, before the due date (14th June)
Arrival at Chichester Marina
SKIPPERS: Please call the lock keeper on VHF 80 when you are approaching the marina to receive locking in instructions, and guidance on where to berth.
Apparently, free flow at the lock is:
- Saturday 28th : 11.46 to 15.21 BST
- Sunday 29th : 12.27 to 16.02 BST
The marina is hoping to get us all located near one another.
For navigation, you may like to look at the "YachtPilot" web page: http://www.yachtpilot.net/chichester.html
Access across the entrance to Chichester Harbour is recommended at HW±3.
VisitMyHarbour.com give HW on
LW 05:07 1.06m
HW 12:04 4.56m
LW 17:24 1.25m
LW 05:44 1.04m
HW 12:41 4.57m
LW 18:01 1.26m